The New Adventures of Miss Katerina Juan

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

UPDATE

For those who are interested in how I'm doing and stuff...
I'm moving house this week- we're going to be homeless for a month probably so I'll just go back to Marsworth and commute til our rental or sale is sorted out (basically there are 2 identical houses in our building that are up for rent/sale - and one way or another we're almost certainly going to end up living in one of them!)
I'm curently trying not to stress too much about money (what's new)- the agency I've been working for don't have nearly enough work to go round now the sales are over so I'm hardly earning anything at the mo. I've got a job interview with a care-work agency tomorrow but that will take 5 weeks to go through anyway because I have to get ANOTHER flippin CRB check which the cheeky whatnots want me to pay for! I'm also chasing up a couple of other job possibilities- but all prayers are most welcome!
On a happier note- I'm having mucho funo with my new Christmas ipod nano! I'm probably going to get arrested for singing in the street -oh no wait that's only illegal outside parliament right? ;-) -Am currently listening to an album Rob lent me called ALTER-BOYZ The Musical: which is a show about a Christian boy band (think 'Saved'). Rob said it's hilarious but that's because he still has some shame. I think anyone who's done a schools-tour with a Christian pop band -and certainly anyone who's dated a "Christian rapper" ;-) - would find these songs with titles like "Church Rulez", "God put the rhythm in me" and "La Viva Eternal" so close to reality that it's not even tongue-in-cheek.
Anyway- plans for this week-
It's my new band's first gig on Thursday. Well, actually it's just a jam night at a pub, but it's our first outing so we thought we'd start small! Apparently we're called NOT QUITE FAMOUS (hmmm) - and we play Motown and 70s disco covers. Lovely Luton bass-player Jo is in it and a bunch of people you've never met. And last night at practice, for the first time I thought, blimey, we sound really good.
Jude's birthday is almost upon us- so looking forward to all associated shannannigans (have no idea how to spell that but loving putting all those n's in). Am also planning a little trip to Essex to see my hilarious mate Lee (a friend from South Pacific) in his panto. So there we go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home