The New Adventures of Miss Katerina Juan

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

GEEK WEEK

In response to my plan to read more books than I managed last year (6), Jude suggested the Harry Potter Series, and having ruthlessly hooked me by reading the first chapter aloud at 3am when I was too tired to argue, lent me The Philosophers Stone.
Despite my natural aversion to all things fantastical, especially those involving goblins and dragons, I was reeled in just like everyone else. I started…wait for it… reading instead of watching TV. I finished it in a week (and I read SUPER SLOW!!!) So Jude’s lending me the other books and I’m well on my way to embracing the geek within.

So in celebration of my literary success, I would like to hereby declare this week GEEK WEEK. Everyone must do at least one geeky thing everyday (some may find this easier than others) and log down your nerdy achievements in the comments box.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:03 AM, Blogger rach said…

    Does turning on the computer to check my email and people's blogs before I even get out of bed count as a geek thing?

    Anyway, welcome to Harry's world. I've just started Philip Pullman's Northern Lights and am forced to admit that it is better than Potter just as everyone said. Love it!

     
  • At 4:10 AM, Blogger Kate John said…

    yes it counts nerd girl

     
  • At 1:56 AM, Blogger Kate John said…

    i've cleaned all the skirting boards and doors in my house but tat's not so much geeky as monica-y

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    Oo.. last week... there must've been SOMEthing. I do lots of geeky things.

    OH! Yeah! I'm now one of 3 moderators of the huuuuge Birmingham Freecycle group. That's pretty geeky :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home