The New Adventures of Miss Katerina Juan

Sunday, December 24, 2006

BLOG FROM OZ: Day 3 and a half

Well we have just seen in Christmas day with a session of late night pool action. My dad, my sister and my 13 year old cousin were goofing around making up ball games (including my personal favourite: one-handed catch-no feet touching floor) when my sister dragged me in fully clothed to even up the numbers. Sarah's poor skirt, once knee-length is now down to my ankles. Feel sure that, as is true of all Aussie soaps, everything'll come out in the wash.

More weirdness: in a church service on the other side of the world I did not expect to become the subject of the sermon... not even metaphorically. But at a mega-church in Perth v. like Hillsongs (although a bit more Healing-centric), quite randomly half way through her talk this morning, the ex-Tennis champ Pastor woke the lot of us up by saying : "I met a reporter from the Observer in England last week and she said her mum was an ex-Lawyer in ministry and her sister was just going into ministry, and I said to her 'You stay where you are! We need Christians in journalism..." The John family fame spreads beyond the Beds Bucks border.

Well, it is already Christmas day, so I guess I should dry my hair and get some shut-eye before the madness of splitting presents between 15 people. Then we're off to the beach (5 min. walk) to sun ourselves before lunch. Beach is stunning must post pics if I ever work out how to do that.

Bug Count: 1 small cockroach and 4 v. itchy mossy bites (didn't technically see them)
Freckles: 25 and rising...

MERRY CHRISTMAS LOVLIES! Hope you're day is magical and santa brings goodies and the roasties are crisp on the outside and soft in the middle.
Much love to you all.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home